DUE TO THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT ADVICE I’M SORRY BUT ANCHOR COTTAGE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
In light of Government advice, we are not taking bookings before 4 July 2020.
I have a booking with you arriving before 4 July. What should I do?
The government have now confirmed that holiday accommodation will not be allowed to open before 4 July at the earliest. We have contacted all guests and offered them full refunds or changed holiday dates to suit their travel plans.
I have a booking commencing 4 July 2020 or beyond. What shall I do?
It is becoming increasingly likely that holiday homes will be allowed to open from 4 July. If however, the government extends the closure of holiday homes we will contact you to arrange a full refund or change your holiday dates. If your preferred dates are not available we will offer a full refund or a credit of the same value as your current booking.
We are shortly going to send out notices stating that we will be taking balance payments for holidays starting 4 July and beyond.
If restrictions at the time of your arrival prohibit the property from opening, we will either be able to reschedule your booking to later in the year or the equivalent week in 2021 or provide you with a refund of ALL MONIES PAID.
If you are arriving after 4 July and wish to cancel at this time you are able to reschedule your holiday under the terms of our business. That means that you are welcome to postpone your holiday to a later date, but it would be subject to availability, to the revised price for a later date. If you would like to do this, please do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if your accommodation can be provided and is allowed to open once government restrictions are lifted but you are unable or unwilling to travel to the accommodation, we cannot provide a refund. If there is a risk of this, please contact us to rearrange your booking to a later date when you are able to travel.
I am thinking of booking a property for later this year, but what happens if we are still in lockdown, will I get a refund?
Under the law, at the moment holiday homes are not permitted to be open. If you make a booking and, at the date of your arrival, the law has not been relaxed to allow holiday homes to open, then you will not be allowed to use the property and you will be entitled to a refund. In addition, if the holiday home cannot be provided for your holiday for another reason, then you will also be entitled to a refund.
What are holidays to Devon going to be like this year?
As with all of our lives these days, self-catering holidays to Devon are going to be very different this year in a number of ways. Most importantly, cleaners will need to be given more time to prepare the property for your arrival. This means that you MUST abide by the arrival and departure times specified. This is 9.30am check-out and 4pm check-in. If this needs to alter we will advise you of revised arrival and departure times.
Generally this year you will need to be well prepared and as self-sufficient at the property as possible – local shops and services are going to be very busy and have limited capacity due to social distancing requirements. In addition, local pubs and restaurants – if they are allowed to open – will have reduced capacity. Major supermarket deliveries will be very difficult. However, there are huge numbers of local suppliers, shops and stalls selling and delivering locally. If you want me to arrange these for for you just drop me a line at email@example.com.
THE FOLLOWING ARE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
1. YOU MUST NOT TRAVEL TO DEVON IF YOU ARE SHOWING SIGNS OF ANY SYMPTOMS.
2. IF YOU DEVELOP ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 DURING YOUR STAY, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE PROPERTY, INFORM US AND RETURN HOME TO SELF ISOLATE. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TO REMAIN AT THE PROPERTY WITH SYMPTOMS.
2. YOU MUST NOT ARRIVE AT THE PROPERTY BEFORE THE CHECK-IN TIME.
3. THE PROPERTY WILL BE PREPARED FOR YOUR ARRIVAL AND DISINFECTED TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY BY THE CLEANERS, BUT NOTHING CAN BE GUARANTEED FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.
4. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN HAND SANITISER AND HAND WASH. ALL GUESTS SHOULD WASH THEIR HANDS FREQUENTLY DURING THEIR STAY
5. PRIOR TO DEPARTURE, PLEASE MAKE SURE THE PROPERTY IS CLEAN AND TIDY. CLEANER’S JOBS ARE VERY DIFFICULT UNDER THE CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THEM ANY HARDER. PLEASE REMEMBER THE RISK TO YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT IF YOU LEAVE THE PROPERTY IN POOR CONDITION.
6. PRIOR TO DEPARTURE, PLEASE STRIP ALL LINEN FROM BEDS AND PUT IN BAGS AS DIRECTED. WE NEED TO REDUCE THE HANDLING OF LINEN AT ALL TIMES.
7. PRIOR TO DEPARTURE, PLEASE LOAD THE DISHWASHER WITH AS MUCH CUTLERY AND CROCKERY AS HAS BEEN USED AND PUT ON THE HOTTEST CYCLE.
8. YOU MUST BE READY AND LEAVE BY THE DEPARTURE TIME. CLEANERS MUST BE ALLOWED THE EXTRA TIME TO CLEAN PROPERTIES BEFORE THE NEXT GUESTS.
If we work together to ensure this all takes places then you will still have the most amazing holiday here in the South Hams and all your memories will be good ones.
Looking forward to seeing you